Tips for an Ergonomic Workstation:
- Keyboard should be located at a height that allows the worker to key with the upper arms hanging relaxed from the shoulders.
- Elbows should be roughly at right angles to allow the wrists to be fairly straight.
- Keyboard should have a slight negative tilt.
- Place the mouse at the same height as the keyboard and as close to the keyboard as possible.
- Always maintain contact with the backrest of your chair to minimize back discomfort.
- Take various 20 second to 2 minute rest breaks between regularly scheduled breaks.
Sitting is the Smoking of Our Generation
"After 1 hour of sitting, the production of enzymes that burn fat declines by as much as 90%. Extended sitting slows the body’s metabolism affecting things like (good cholesterol) HDL levels in our bodies."
Workplace Sitting and Height-Adjustable Workstations
"Desk-based office employees sit for most of their working day. To address excessive sitting as a newly identified health risk, best practice frameworks suggest a multi-component approach."
Occupational & Environmental Medicine
"The main aim of this study was to compare two days of continuous monitored capillary blood glucose (CGM) responses to sitting and standing in normally desk-based workers."